"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." ~Peter Parker

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Raising a Super Hero - no ordinary life for me!

"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option."  I knew I wanted my blog title to have something about being a Super Hero's mom (I'll tell you why in a minute)....and I'm big on quotes...like I LOVE quotes, so I thought it would be great to find a cute quote by a superhero.  So where did I turn to?...my 2nd BFF - google, which by the way I LOVE too.  So anyways, I googled (hm, my computer spell checked that word, but I'm pretty sure it's a word since I totally use it all the time) "superhero quotes" and found the most absolute perfect quote by Peter Parker - WHO? - for those of you who may not be "superhero" identity smart, that would be your "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man".  This quote applies to my life in so many areas.  First of all, as a Christian, and one who is called into the ministry, I know I can no longer lead an ordinary life - but must strive to live a Christ-like life, as hard as that may be.  Second, I hung my "ordinary life" up when I married my wonderful hubby and we were blessed with our son.  Hubby, Son - WHO...okay, so I have changed the names to protect the innocent....well, actually since this is can be viewed publicly I didn't want to blog their names all over.....so for blogging purposes I have chosen the following for them.  My dear hubby is "Mr.W"-why? you ask...well, he is a HS Teacher and generally if I am within 5 feet of a High School boy I'm asked "Where's Mr.W."  I must say he's a pretty awesome teacher...at least that's what I'm told!  I once was at the movies (where I swear all the workers have had my hubby for a teacher)....and here's my conversation with some 16 year old kid..."so, you Mr.W's wife" "yes" "wow, that must be fun" "oh yeah, it's a party everyday!".....it makes me laugh, because it really is kind of a party sometimes, my hubby is quite entertaining!  So, onto my little man....or "little Superhero" as I have renamed him.  Well, my son has always been into superheros....always.  For a good part of age 3 he wore a Spiderman outfit while at home - so cute :).  But onto the main story behind his name.  So, one day leaving Mr.W's school we saw the football team training.  Little superhero said that he wanted to go see a football game.  My cousin starts on his varsity football team, mascot Bobcats....so I told Little Superhero that we would go to his games.  Which he was way excited because he would get to wear his Bobcats shirt (which I got him on sale in off season from Wally World for $1...awesome...look at me thinking ahead!)  So, we got to talking about mascots...and he said he wanted to be a Bobcat....hm, PROBLEM, we live a town over from my cousin, so technically we are rivals....and we are Mavericks (which is just really a Longhorn, but red).  So, I explained to him that when he grew up he would be a Maverick not a Bobcat.  Which is where this part of the conversation came it:  "I don't want to be a Maverick when I grow up (he was near tears saying this)" "Why not Buddy?"  "I wanted to be a Superhero when I grew up!"....it was too cute, because he was dead serious.  So, I had to let him know he could still be a Superhero, hence I am now raising a Superhero!  Well, my first post is long, but just a few of the wonderful things and people I have in my life.  I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures in my not-so ordinary life!  Peace Out! K

No comments:

Post a Comment